Hajimemashite (hah-jee-meh-mash-teh) is "How do you do?" in Japanese. Nihon (nee-hon) is what the Japanese call their country. Why the heck do we call it "Japan"?
Today was my first lesson in Japanese. There is no way that 15 two hour and fifteen minite lessons is going to be enough. I will be impressed if I can find a taxi once I get to Japan.
My instructor was really nice and I think I will learn a lot from him. He is teaching me more than the language and giving me information about the country and the city. I think this will really help in my transition.
One thing that is really cool is that we learn to spell and read using the same letters that we use in english. In Japan, they use our letters when typing and the computer converts what they are typing into the Japanese characters. It is really cool. I think that will make learning much easier. I can work on picking up the kanji charcters later.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The blog needs to go public, and I need to make it more girly. Or at least meet in the middle. Love you!
ReplyDeleteHey! That's what Jennifer Garner says in Alias Season 2 when she goes to kill Sloane as a geisha. I recognize the phonetic spelling.
ReplyDelete