I figured I should make my first blog appearance. We had some "discussions" about the blog title, but it looks like John won out because of my lack of creativity to come up with anything else. It's growing on me, though.
This whole process has been an emotional roller coaster, but I am getting more and more excited to go. I think this is great timing in our lives to take this amazing opportunity. I'm very sad to leave my family and friends, but I know that they love me and support me no matter where I am in the world. They are excited for us, and they never thought they'd be visiting Tokyo. This as been a great lesson in giving up on my control issues and truly trusting in the Lord. Talk about a leap of faith!
We are still working out a lot of the details. My last day of work is scheduled to be July 17th, so I'll have some time to pack things up and tie up loose ends. I told them about the opportunity on Monday, and they were very gracious. I've gotten some amazing experience there and learned so much.
I need to get started on my language lessons, but I'm not sure what that schedule will be like, yet. I'm going to be so far behind John, I'm sure. It's cool...he will be with American people at work all day helping him figure how to get what he needs. I'll be wondering around aimlessly in a city of 13 million people. No big deal! :)
Well, I think that's it for my first blog. There will be many more to come!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know of a couple from Baylor , the Mukoyamas, who teach English at Baiko Gaikin University in Shimonoseki, Japan. They are a little older than you guys (like 50 years older), but I think they have kids in Tokyo who grew up at Baylor. Anyway, I think sometimes the Baylor Network has gatherings in Tokyo, like Diadeloso-ish stuff and game-watching events, so y'all should check that out on the Baylor website when you need a green and gold fix. Siyonara, mucho gusta con frijoles. Lane
ReplyDeleteI think this blog will be a great way to keep in touch - thanks for sharing. We are so excited for you both and know this will be a wonderful experience for you. Great news on the house sale - just one less thing for you to have to think about before moving. Love to you both! Jane
ReplyDelete