Let's not discuss how overdue this blog is, okay? Thanks! I know the world knows we are having a girl by now...if Facebook knows, the world knows! The day we found out, I think we were both so blown away. John was convinced we were having a boy, and I still had no clue. The night before I had a dream that the sonogram very clearly showed we were having a boy. I ended up bringing a little pink baby shirt and a little blue baby shirt to the doctor's office with the thought of taking a picture after the appointment with the appropriate color. I was a bit anxious before the appointment and my blood pressure reflected that, so we had to wait around after the appointment for some completely different nurse to take it again. Was a bit confused by that, but I'm getting used to these things in Japan. As the doc was looking at the sonogram, he said, "I think it's a girl!" I am only slightly hanging onto the fact that he used "think". I'm thinking we should hold off on ordering anything until the next appointment (November 4th). Just to be sure! We were so thrilled when we found out, I shed a tear or two. I looked at John's face that had a combination expression of joy, surprise and slight terror. He asked me how little of a finger did I think he could be wrapped around! He ALSO said that I already get everything I want, so how much worse could this get. Get ready, Buddy! We all already know how amazing of a dad John will be. He has already prayed for her future husband. Yeah, my heart melted even more!
We did take this photo in front of Tokyo Tower, but the man taking it wasn't so thrilled so it's not great:
The next day Aunt Linda and Uncle Vic (John's dad's sister and husband) came for a visit. We had a great time with them exploring Tokyo and taking a few side trips. We walked over 20,000 steps on several days, which was so good for me to do! The weather was very nice while they were here as well. They were such great guests! Here's a few pics from their trip:
Thought I would include a belly shot (we were waiting on the Ladies' Room)
Train they took with John to Kyoto (shinkansen)
Aunt Linda and Uncle Vic in Kyoto
I was not able to go with them to Kyoto because there was a weekend retreat with Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) in Malaysia. It was just for all the Asian countries, and there were over 2,100 leaders there. If that was just the number of leaders, then think of the group members that attend under these leaders having about 10-15 people per group. Amazing work God is doing in this part of the world! I had a great time and came back with a fresh new view of God that I had desperately needed. I wish I had photos, but I am just horrible. I'm hoping to get some from some of my friends that were on the trip.
The only bad thing about the trip was the insanely swollen ankles I had from the flight plus sitting at the conference for several hours at a time. I was blessed and humbled by my roommate and another BSF leader that massaged my feet back into recognition! I am so blessed that my pregnancy has been pretty bearable so far. I am starting to feel what they call "quickening", which feels like little flutters in my lower abdomen. You can't see it on the outside, which John is frustrated with. I have to say it's very strange! The more active she gets, the more I will get used to it, I think. Either way, we are both very excited to meet this little angel! More belly shots to come...
Ha! The pic of yall standing in front of Tokyo Tower looks fake...it looks just like a poster of the tower behind you two. :) Love it!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the belly shot!! I love you all too!!! Another great post!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jen S.