Background

Friday, October 29, 2010

First Baby Video

In anticipation for my next doctor's visit on November 4th, I thought I would upload the sonogram from my 19 week visit. I think next week's visit will be even better, so I'll post that one, too. We couldn't upload the video from the DVD they gave us, so I had to play it on my laptop then record with our video camera. 2 things to ignore: the red dot which is from the recorder, and my annoying "video voice". I never like how I sound on video, which probably means I don't like how I sound in general. I had to speak to explain things as they happen on the video, so hopefully it's helpful. Here she is...tell me who you think she looks like...


Pretty cool, huh? I can't wait for next week's visit to spy in on her again.

Last weekend, John and I got to babysit my friend's almost 3 month old little boy. He is a really calm baby, so it wasn't too hard. Although, I started realizing how much I do not know! What happens if you don't burp them properly? What is that weird sound he just made? How often do you feed him and how much? Is he moving?? The list went on. I know that we will figure it out as we go along, but it can be very overwhelming to think about. I am so thankful we will have the help of Momma Couch and Momma Rutledge in the first several weeks of her life!

The weather has been unseasonably cold this past week. Another record was set last Thursday for the coldest day in October since 1945 (think it was about 48 degrees or so). I don't really care about records, I just know that I didn't want to leave the house all day but I did. It was typhoonish weather as well, which is my word for just strong winds and rain that completely bypasses your umbrella and goes straight for your face! After walking to the train station, I caught a glimpse of myself in the train window and my hair was going all kinds of directions. Between that and the bump protruding from my rain coat, I had some stares. Speaking of, I didn't really think about the coat situation. I can wear them, but I sure can't button them. Should be interesting if we have more cold days. I'm hoping it will hold off a bit until I have time to bring one back from the US in January.

Well, that is all for now. Happy Halloween to everyone! I am really looking forward to dressing our little doll up next year!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of tears in my eyes watching this - what a miracle! God is so good! Thanks for sharing in this special time. Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete