Background

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thailand


John and I had a great time in Thailand. It was like a second honeymoon since the last time we went away for that long just the 2 of us was our first honeymoon (not counting Japan, of course). It was a great celebration of 5 years of marriage and John being done with his busy season at work (for now at least).

We first flew into Bangkok and spent two nights exploring. We ate yummy food and saw the beautiful sites. We preferred to travel by the river taxi since the streets were a little scary. We have been completely spoiled by how safe and quiet Tokyo is. I never thought I would say Tokyo is quiet, but in comparison to other large cities, it definitely is! The temples in Thailand are very detailed and pretty. I must say I enjoyed seeing these much more than the ones in Japan. The other cool thing we did in Bangkok was get clothes made. John got a lot of clothes made! It was a great deal and something we had planned on doing while we were in Asia, so it was perfect. I got a cute dress and some dress pants made. We sure enough had to get an extra suitcase to fit the new clothes! The bag was so cheap that I'm glad it made it through the flight. Thailand is also known for it's sapphires and rubies, so I got some earrings and a ring while I was there for very cheap.

After two nights in Bangkok, we flew to Phuket, a southern island of Thailand. We got to stay for free through a time share referral program...so nice!! The first day we did a tour called Romantic Adventure tour involving an elephant ride, kayaking, four wheeling, and a romantic dinner. It was a very fun day since we survived the elephant ride. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, but I was planning my escape route should the elephant decide to lay down mid trail (like a previous horse riding incident when I was in high school). John got to ride on the elephants neck...and I politely declined. John was in heaven, and as you can see from the picture, he was smiling like a little boy. Too cute!

The next day we got to chill at the resort (after a very long time share presentation). The beach was very secluded, but we didn't go in the water since there were warnings of jelly fish. The pool provided a better option for us. Then, the last day, we took a boat tour of Phi Phi Islands. It was gorgeous! If anyone has seen the movie, The Beach, with Leonardo DiCaprio, it was filmed here. The movie is super weird, but the beach was beautiful. I was trying to imagine it without a million people on it. During the day, we snorkeled and had lunch on the beach, all while getting super burnt. We wanted a little color and got quite a bit despite the amount of sunblock we put on! Because of this, we weren't able to get our super cheap massages when we returned to Bangkok. Oh, well! We may have to go back one day!

Our last night in Bangkok was really fun. We got all dressed up and went to Sky Bar on the 64th floor of our hotel...very windy up here!! Then, we went to dinner that was also in our hotel on the 52nd floor and outdoors. We had a great time talking and laughing. I'm very thankful that our marriage has grown stronger each and every year that God has blessed us with! My favorite thing about John is that he can always make me laugh until I cry. :*)

There are more pics on our Flickr.com account for your viewing pleasure. If you have trouble seeing them, let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment