John got into the Easter spirit!! We had a great Easter that started with going to church then joining friends for an Easter Brunch at the New Sanno Hotel that is for military. Our friends, Beth and Mike, invited us since Mike's parents were in town and his dad was in the military. We also did this at Thanksgiving with some other friends. It's such a blessing that we get to spend time with a family during these holidays. Here's a picture of our friend's daughter in her super cute Easter dress:
She is sooo cute!! We had a great time with them celebrating her first Easter.
As you can see from the picture of me and John, it is Cherry Blossom season in Japan. The Japanese call it Hanami - flower viewing. It's pure craziness and I love it! Each and every park in Japan is full of people laid out on their blue tarps under the trees. They will come out early in the morning and stay until late at night...sometimes right until the next morning. I've never seen anything like it. Here's a small preview:
I must admit the blossoms are so pretty because there are so many trees all over Tokyo. From what I hear, the weather hasn't been very good for viewing them. It has been cold and rainy. Maybe we'll get a better season next year. I'm looking forward to warmer weather in Tokyo. I feel like we were teased by going to Thailand wearing sandals and capri pants. I know the really hot summer is just around the corner, though!
There isn't too much exciting stuff going on right now, which is a good thing, I think. John's cousins are coming in May, so we are really looking forward to showing them Tokyo. Then, we are headed to Texas, Hawaii, and back to Texas. We have friends coming in August/September and Aunt Linda and Uncle Vic in October. Then, we will be home for Christmas! Time is flying by!!

Hi guys!
ReplyDeleteI think we are coming to see you guys in Tokyo some time in May! Practice Nihon-go as much as possible. Expect mid-term exam!
Tai