John and I just got back from sending the parents off to the airport. We had such a great time with them over the past two weeks, and it was very difficult to say goodbye. I was glad that we had great weather the whole time they were here, so we were able to do what we wanted to do. I think they would tell you they had some very interesting things to eat, and they were all pretty good. We had them give their feedback for future guests, so we'll continue to edit the itinerary for Tokyo.
John and I also celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on January 1st. We watched the wedding video, which made us laugh and cry. We have had an amazing 5 years and growing more in love every day. (Sorry for the mushiness!) I can't believe how quickly 5 years goes by, and it makes me realize how quickly our time will fly living in Japan. We have to get busy on our Asian traveling. We are thinking that we will take a anniversary trip to Thailand in early March sometime. There's also been some talk of Bali, but we shall see! They both have great beaches from what I hear and that is what we are looking for since John will be winding down on his busy season. He starts back to work tomorrow, which will be an adjustment for both of us since we've been sleeping in almost every day over the past two weeks.
Hopefully, my parents will be able to come for a visit in late March or early April. It's the best time to come to Japan because of all the flowers and cherry blossom trees. I cannot wait for them to come visit. I do get to see them in less than two weeks, and I am so excited!! I think I am going to start packing now. The luggage coming back to Tokyo is expected to be quite ridiculous with all the shopping I plan to do. I have a large list going for John and I both. It will be great to see friends and family!
I was thinking of making a list of unattainable New Year's resolutions like every year. Instead, I just a few things that I want to do more of in 2010. I want to start cooking more and trying new things to cook. I don't do it too often since it's John's talent, not mine. And I'm not too sure why I decide to do start doing more of it when I have the world's smallest kitchen, but whatever! The other thing I want to do is blog more. I did a poor job during the fall. I'm just going to start with those two for now!
Below are some pics from the Rutledge Tokyo Trip:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So fun! Looks like you guys had a great time with your family. Cayce-I'm going to hold you to blogging more!! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks and baby Sam can't wait to meet you!
ReplyDeleteBali sounds amazing!!! Thailand is so fun too. Great food : )
ReplyDeleteWhen am I seeing you?