Background

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reflections


I meant to blog while I was in the US, but it just didn't happen. I can't believe how quickly 3 weeks can go by. John would say that he can't believe how long 3 weeks can take to pass! It was hard being in the US without him, and I was so happy to see him on Friday. The house was in perfect order when I got home including a beautiful bouquet of flowers and chocolates. He's so sweet! We had a great day today taking bikes to brunch and to the store. We spent a long time talking at brunch...lots to catch up on. I was reminded of how incredible this experience is living in Tokyo, and I am so happy that John and I are getting to experience it together. It is definitely hard being here away from our precious family and friends, but I know it is an experience that we will always cherish. I pretty much crashed as soon as we got back to the apartment - yay for jet lag!

My time in the US was wonderful! I had such a great time with my families and friends. Here's a small list of what all I got to do: go to my favorite Mexican restaurant in Richardson with my mom, sister, Lauren and Tanner - lots of laughing; got together with all my family at Mom and Dad's and ate more Mexican food; ate lunch with my niece at her school; almost got stuck in a tornado with my sister - a little scary; ran errands with Mom; dinners at my sisters' houses - chicken enchiladas and manicotti (yum); babysat my nephew - took him to Mama and Papa's to see the chickens then played Operation and every other game that he owns; loved on my sweet puppies at Aunt Nicole's; played Wii Just Dance with my family and friends - Jennifer and Lauren are tied for the spirit award as they revisited their high school cheerleading days during the game; went to my niece's Hot Chocolate birthday party; saw a movie with my family - more laughing; shopping and lunch with my mom-in-law (a great tradition); seeing Nonnie's (Johnapelus) new apartment; dinner in Houston with my family; seeing Papah twice while I was in Houston; lunch at Gaga and Big Daddy's house; had margaritas at Gloria's with my Dallas friends; shopping with Lauren - and laughing until we cried after I fell out of the car (it was parked); seeing my friends' babies and pregnant bellies; lunches and dinners with my Dallas friends; visiting my youth pastor and wife; left the house at 3:00 am with Mom and Dad to go to the airport - shed some tears; and many more things - this was just a small list! I am so blessed and loved by such amazing families and friends.

I am horrible at taking pictures, so I've stolen these from my sister:

Callie wanted to dress up for me when I came over for dinner. I felt so special! She dressed Colt as well. Note the off buttons and sunglasses on Colt. Too sweet!

This is Callie and I when I went to her school to have lunch (at 10:45!). I bought her and Colt yukatas, which is like a Japanese robe. She told her class that she was Japanese. I didn't even try to explain that one.


My beautiful sisters and I at Callie's Hot Chocolate birthday party. It was so much fun spending time with them!



4 comments:

  1. Loved your blog, Cayce! It was such a fun time while you were here! I will miss you every day until I see you again in June! Hope you and John have many fabulous experiences in Tokyo until then!! I love you lots! Rest up! Talk to you soon! :)

    Love-
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good seeing you in Houston. Glad you are back safely. I am so proud of you and John for being such great expats!! Continue to enjoy each and every experience. Can't wait to see you both in May. Much love to you both! Jane

    ReplyDelete