We were embarrassed when we just checked and saw the last post was November 8th. Oops! Things have been pretty busy around here along with John and I taking our turns being sick and having issues with our new computer. Excuses, excuses!!
To begin, we were sad to not be with family over Thanksgiving, but we had 3 different celebrations so it helped a lot. One we had with several new couples that we met here, which was so much fun. Next, a friend that I met from Texas and her husband who is retired military invited us to a hotel called New Sanno, which is only for US military and their families. They had a huge feast, and it was a lot of fun. Last but not least, we had a great dinner with lots of John's co-workers followed by watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - this is a Couch Family favorite, so it was perfect!!
Then, my college roommate, Alison, flew over on December 3rd through December 10th for a visit. We had such a great time! I went to pick her up at the airport, and I told myself I wouldn't cry. Well, whatever. It was the first familiar face I had seen in person in almost 4 months, so I get a pass. She was little bit of a guinea pig for us since there was still so much we hadn't done, yet, but it went well and we stayed busy. Here are some pics below from her visit:
Next up is the Rutledge family! They are coming on December 23rd, and we can't wait. We've got lots planned, again, a lot of it we haven't done yet. There is just way to much to see and do in this city.
Life updates - John has gotten pretty busy at work, but he has had some great feedback lately, which has been very encouraging. His office moved to a new location that is only two stops on the subway from our apartment, so that has been good. He's looking forward to taking some time off when his parents come! We just took an overnight trip to try out snowboarding. I wasn't too excited about it, but I didn't want to ski alone, so I caved in. Of course, John picked it up super quick, and I was struggling. Overall, though, I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I am converted for life yet, but I am considering. John is sold on it!
Cayce's Japanese lessons and pottery class ended for the year. I will start up Japanese classes in January again. I should be studying now, so I don't lose what I've learned. Maybe I'll get around to it! I leave for the US in one month, and I am really looking forward to my visit. It will be very busy, but so good to see friends and family!
We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a great new year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Holidays Rutledges! It's about time you blogged! :) So glad you are both doing well and Cayce we all can't wait for your visit home. Have fun with your family over the holidays. We're taking our first road trip with Sam to Florida. Love you both!
ReplyDelete