Background

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween, Hiking, and Tokyo Happenings

How crazy is it that it is already November? We've been here almost 3 months. Things have been really great here since we got back from Taiwan. God has been answering our prayers in helping us adjust and settle in. He has also been teaching John and I so much through our experience here. We are continuing to pray about where all He would have us serve while we are here. We shall see!

We recently went to two Halloween parties. One was the weekend before Halloween and was thrown by the Partner that John works with at PWC. Below was costume #1, which was an actual suit that they sold at this Target like store. We wrote H1N1 Protection on the back. Some kids at the party asked if we were scientists...whatever!
Then on the actual holiday, we decided not to walk around in those crazy hot suits. So, John went as a preppy country club guy, and I was a cat. Random, we know!



After Halloween, there was yet another holiday on November 3rd. John and I went hiking with friends from his work. It was a gorgeous and cold day! Here are some pictures from our day.

Other happenings, John has been feeling the itch to cook, so he made one of his famous gourmet meals for 4 friends last weekend. He made chicken parmigiana with homemade marinara, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted asparagus! He did a great job, and everyone is waiting for their next meal from Chef John. I am glad he loves to do it or I might feel guilty that I never do! Although, we are taking a cooking class with two other couples this Saturday, so I'll have to start doing it! I plan to cook some things for Thanksgiving, too. We will have our own makeshift Thanksgiving. From the looks of it, we may have it 3 times in one week!

In Tokyo, they have transitioned very quickly from Halloween to Christmas! At Tokyo Tower, there is a huge Christmas tree, lights, music, the whole production. I know Christmas decorations start early at home, but this is a little much! I am regretting not packing a single Christmas decoration, so I may have to add to my collection with some stuff from here. :) We are counting down the days for John's family to come in December. We are going to have a lot planned...a lot of it we haven't even done yet, so it will be great! I also booked my trip to the US for January 14th through February 4th. It's a little sooner than I was thinking, but I think the timing will be perfect. I was going to try and surprise my sister, Jennifer, for her birthday, but I am horrible at keeping secrets. I kept it for a week, which was a good record for me. I will be a very busy girl when I come, so I know it will fly by quickly.

That is all I have for now. I will have John post how work and life are going from his perspective. Lots of love!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the H1N1 outfits. So timely! I wish I could have been at that awesome-sounding gourmet dinner. The pics from hiking are beautiful - so nice that you have access to nature. There is NO sign of Christmas yet in India - funny that it is full-blown in Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing you in January!

    ReplyDelete