We have been able to get around a little in Tokyo. Our pattern has been to get out one day, stay inside the next. My energy level and the weather have caused us to stay in at least that often. It has snowed twice since she's been here, which is so bizarre. Yesterday, we had gorgeous weather - no coat needed (at least for me), and today gross rain and then very wet snow. I thought Elliott might be wanting to make a snowy appearance, but not so much. I am very thankful that she has gotten to see a little bit of the city, though. We have had fun, and she's done more shopping than I thought she would. :)
My doctor's visit last week was pretty uneventful. My blood pressure was fine, and she was moving around like crazy once again on the fetal monitor. I had zero contractions, and her head still had room to come down. I so didn't want to make another appointment for Thursday, but we did. He said if she has made more progress, we would discuss induction. I am quickly realizing how I am not so opposed to these medical interventions as I once thought I was. With that said, though, we really do want to have wisdom and discernment from God on what the right decision is on these medical interventions. I know His timing is perfect. He is in cahoots with Elliott on when to make her debut, so we just need to wait and see. I am still on the blood pressure meds, so I think the doc is considering that, too, when he talks of induction.
John has been working his tail off. He came in around 1:30 or 2:00 am a few times last week. I hate how busy he is. He was able to come home for dinner on Friday night and then hang out in between working at home over the weekend. No matter how many busy seasons he has, we never seem to get used to not seeing each other besides about 20 minutes in the mornings during the weeks. I know he is praying for Elliott to come even more so he can take a break from work. He, of course, won't be able to catch up on sleep, but I think staring at our daughter will be highly more interesting than staring at his computer screen. :)
Going to go pray for more patience before I go to bed. Mom is already asleep on the couch and has been for the past hour or more. Which if you know her and know that it's already 10:00 pm, you are not surprised.
No comments:
Post a Comment