Background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back in the Swing of the Things

Well, I cannot believe how quickly Christmas seems to come and go. I had a wonderful time in the States visiting family and friends. Thanks to everyone who made it so special including the wonderful baby showers! John and I are incredibly blessed. I am happy to report that we made it back to Tokyo with pretty much all the stuff we need for Elliott's arrival (stroller and car seat included). The grandmothers will be bringing the rest of the stuff when they come (thank you!!). Saying goodbyes was difficult as always, but we provided some comic relief trying to go through security at the airport with all of our stuff! I was just thankful that Elliott was still in her carrying case that didn't have to go through separately like everything else! The agents at the gate even let us check the stroller and car seat free of charge. It took a little pleading since they realized that I was pregnant and not "technically" traveling with a child, although John had a whole theological debate ready to go for that one. :)

So, after a 13 hour plane ride, getting through customs with 8 pieces of luggage, a bus ride, and 2 loaded taxis, we arrived safe and sound to our apartment. I swiftly had to go to a leader's meeting for BSF that was thankfully in our apartment building. While I was gone, my amazing husband unpacked ALL of our bags! It was the biggest blessing to me. The next day (or maybe 2 days later...who knows) we set up the nursery with the bedding, clothes, etc. I will post pictures as soon as it's all squared away. We still have to get a few more organizational tools for her many, many things.

After some rough jet lag (note to those who travel internationally, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, think it's harmless to take a "little" nap in the afternoons), life in Tokyo has slowly gotten back to normal, which will only last a little longer. Elliott's grandmothers have their plane tickets booked and ready to come me out and love on her! I am so excited for her arrival and the visits from family. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, so I'll have another post about how that went. I'm looking forward to seeing her on the big screen again!

I'll leave you with some pics from our trip home. Love to you all!

Our friend, Kaleigh, took some maternity photos! She bought this umbrella specifically for our shoot. Such a talented friend!



This is what we found when we checked (back) into Hotel Hancock. The owners, Stephen and Lauren (and Carrie), are the best!

Mom had the crib all set up with the bedding when I got home...so sweet! I absolutely loved it. I was sad to leave the crib behind, but sure did pack up all that bedding!! Thank goodness for vacuum shrinking bags (not the technical name)!

Alison, me, Lauren, and Dana at the Baylor Bowl game. First bowl game in something like 16 years, it totally showed, too! Oh, well! Still very proud of the Bears and thankful for an excuse to get to see lots of friends!

Dallas Baby Shower

Classic Callie!

Tara flew all the way in from Colorado! How special am I?! Both having babies in 2011!

My precious friends and hostesses for my baby shower. Girls, you rock! Thanks for the best shower ever!!

My wonderful sisters (and Santa) in downtown Gladewater. We were freezing our rears off while Dad was trying to figure out the camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment