Also, last week I went to an amusement park called Fuji-Q. It's at the base of Mount Fuji, which was very cool because you could see it so clearly. I would compare the park to a very small Six Flags. They had 3 rides that were fun, like make you want to puke fun. I'm not really sure why I continue to go to amusement parks with these types of rides. I realized that I only enjoy the ride when it is over, and I discover that I have not flown off the ride and plummeted to my death. The thoughts that I have while on the ride are very morbid pictures of being completely mangled. It is actually evident by the look on my face that it's a grim experience for me. Some rides (especially the super scary ones) have the little TVs before you exit that show your picture midway through the ride. My fellow Fuji-Q goers all had great faces screaming or smiling. My face was consistently calm and non-smiling...like I had peacefully accepted that I was going to die. Also, my eyes are always closed. I even tried to open my eyes when we rode the scariest ride twice. I figured that I knew what was coming this time, so I can open my eyes. Nope! I guess I can't convince myself that I would like to actually see my impending doom. I didn't get too many pics, but there are a few below. Please note that the park had a vending machine with panchos in it for a 100 yen (about a $1) for the water rides...only in Japan!
I'll try to do another blog before we leave for the US, which is NEXT Friday! So exciting. This will be John's first trip back to the US, so he is VERY ready to get home to see family and friends. Lots of love!

On my next trip to Tokyo, I want to go to Fuji Q! How fun! So excited yall are going to be back in the U.S. soon; only wish I could see yall. :(
ReplyDeleteI totally want to go there if/when we visit!!!
ReplyDelete