After what seemed like an eternity of waiting for this day to come, it is finally here. We have made it to Japan. Right now we are in a hotel room in Tokyo getting ready for the day. Our realtor will be picking us up this morning and we will be moving into our new apartment.
We had a rather tearful goodbye with the family yesterday morning. It capped off about three days of running around like a crazy person, but I think we got everything done that really had to be done before we left. While it was hard to say goodbye, it made things much easier knowing that they totally supported us through this process.
The flight here was a little different from last time. There is a BIG difference between the space in first class and coach. But we made it through, and got all the way through customs with all 10 bags.
Well, I am off to find coffee and breakfast. We will post again soon with photos of our new place all set up.
Also, we may have limited access to email and the internet until we get everything set up. Please be patient if you email us and don't hear back for a while. But don't worry about emailing us. We love to hear from all of you.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww I am so glad that you guys made it there safely. I sent out a prayer request on Thursday morning at the office! :) Oh John, here is your comment on your blog! haha
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read about life in Japan from your blog. Miss you guys!
I am so glad to hear you made it safely and are getting settled (kind of)! I am such a loser for not calling you before you guys left this week....... I had all intentions and then all the sudden it was Thursday night! praying for you guys and am so thankful for internet!! love you lots and can't wait to see pics!!
ReplyDeleteFrom Pensacola Rutledge's,
ReplyDeleteWe are glad you arrived safely. I know traveling can be a real pain. I know we don't see each other much but we will miss you greatly. Japan is going to be very exciting for you. A lot things to see and do. You might think about becoming vegetarians while you are there, not many cows around and beef is kind of expensive, lol.
I hope to see lots of pictures being posted and will keep reading your blogs. You two will always be in our prayers.
Love,
Uncle Bruce, Annie, Jason & Brandon
Good Luck to both of you! Sorry we could not attend the send off party, we were in California with the newborn grand-baby and her "older" (13.5 months apart!) brother. Much love to you both. I will be checking in on you and posting regularly.
ReplyDeleteNow, go find some ice cream!!
We love you! The Rads